Sunday, March 28, 2010

Round Top Day One

So we made it to Texas yesterday. We are staying in Columbus, which is about 45 minutes from where all the action is. We all got in with no trouble and this morning we drove into the heart of the antique festival after a fantastic breakfast of cereal and coffee.
Okay having never experienced anything like this before I have to say that I was very overwhelmed. This thing is spread out over five towns (granted they are very small towns) and each one features millions of dealers and tents.
Luckily we met up with our friend John Grafe ,who is a dealer out of Jackson, MS, and the guy who really encouraged us to come to Round Top. As always he has beautiful things and luckily I was able to get a couple of shots of his booth.

This little table was so charming and useful that it totally caught my eye right off the bat...



then I spotted something that I thought was even more me...


Hello spring project! Luckily I already own a millon shells. I guess I should decide what comes first...shelled box or shelled mirror. Good lord, I have a busy spring ahead of me!

There were also some fantastic friends at John's booth...





Okay I actually think that this chair is really cool...talk about a conversation piece!

After John's we ventured across the way and stumbled upon these fantastic things..



Old Parisian carousel horses. Tres Chic!


Okay on to the things that we purchased.


Fantastic high backed single chair.

Great pair of Louis XIII chairs.





Carved panels from an old Monastery.


Antique grain measures.


Okay that is it for today. I am wiped out and going to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment